Bronxville Family Dental provides Invisalign in Bronxville, NY. Call 914-337-8430 to learn more and schedule an appointment.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is an orthodontic treatment that can straighten teeth and align the bite. The Invisalign® system gradually shifts the teeth into proper alignment using clear plastic retainer-like trays that fit over the teeth. After a digital scan of your teeth, the images are uploaded to Invisalign® software that allows your dentist to create a plan for treatment. You receive a set of aligners with instructions on how to wear them. You will typically wear each aligner for about 1-2 weeks before switching to the next one in order. When you have progressed through the full set, your treatment should be complete.
What is Invisalign® Teen?
Invisalign® Teen is a version of Invisalign® treatment that is designed specifically for older children and teenagers. It includes features such as:
- Built-in aligner replacements if they are lost or damaged.
- Compliance indicators that change color based on the amount of time the aligners are worn.
- Designed to accommodate the eruption of permanent teeth during treatment.
Benefits of Invisalign®
There are many benefits of Invisalign®:
- Discreet. The aligners are made of clear plastic that fits snugly to the teeth. They are almost completely undetectable by others.
- Convenient. The aligners are removable, allowing you to easily care for your teeth and eat all of your favorite foods during treatment.
- Comfortable. The smooth, flexible plastic is comfortable in your mouth. Most patients don’t experience any irritation of the lips, cheeks, or tongue.
- Effective. Invisalign® can straighten teeth in as little as 9-15 months in most cases.
Are You a Good Candidate for Invisalign®?
Many patients with common orthodontic issues, such as crowding, overbite, gaps between the teeth, and more, can benefit from Invisalign® treatment. Whether you want to straighten your teeth for cosmetic reasons or your dentist has recommended orthodontic treatment, Invisalign® may be the right treatment for you. Some patients may have complex orthodontic needs that cannot be met with Invisalign®. A simple evaluation can determine whether or not you are a good candidate.
Frequently Asked Questions About Invisalign
Contact Us Today
Call 914-337-8430 to schedule an appointment.