What Is Preventive Dentistry?
Preventive dentistry refers to standard dental procedures that restore and maintain your dental health. It includes dental hygiene services to keep your natural teeth healthy as well as restorative procedures that repair damage to the teeth from decay, injury, or typical wear and tear.
Benefits of Preventive Dentistry
Preventive dentistry provides many benefits:
- Keeps your natural teeth healthy. Part of preventive dentistry services includes preventive measures to keep your natural teeth healthy and in place in your mouth.
- Treats and prevents cavities. Preventive and restorative dentistry can both treat and prevent tooth decay. When cavities form, they can be discovered and treated early before worsening.
- Treats and prevents gum disease. Gum disease is a common oral health condition. It is a bacterial infection of the gums that is caused by excess plaque and calculus on the teeth. Our office provides treatment and prevention of gum disease.
- Improves overall health and wellness. Dental and oral health is closely tied to your overall health and well-being. Taking care of your mouth can improve your health and prevent heart disease, diabetes, and even cancer.
- Freshens your breath. A clean and healthy mouth also smells cleaner, helping you avoid bad breath.
- Improves your smile. Regular dental care can preserve and improve your smile through preventive and restorative procedures.
We provide the following preventive and restorative dentistry services to maintain oral health: